Dr. Ajaya Jang Kunwar ( Research Head)
- Kunwar is an Associate Professor in the Dept. of Anatomy at Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- He completed his Master’s degree in Human Anatomy from B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal (Dec 2002).
- Subsequently, he pursued his doctorate in Neuroanatomy from Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany (2004-2008)
- and successfully completed his post-doctoral fellowship in Neuroscience from Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA (2009-2010)
- He has been actively involved in teaching learning activities for medical, dental and nursing streams since 2003.
- Recently, he is Research head of Kathmandu Center for Genomics and Research Laboratory
- Vice President of Neuroscience Society of Nepal.
- He has presented his research work in various IBRO schools and Neuroscience conferences held in Germany, Australia, Japan, Canada, Nepal, Taiwan, and USA.
Dr. Nilam Thakur (Laboratory Head)
- Laboratory Head, Kathmandu Center for Genomics and Research Laboratory (KCGRL)
- Medical Director, Global Hospital, Gwarko, Lalitpur, Nepal
- She has completed MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) from Kathmandu University and M.Sc. in Clinical genetics from Human Genetic Unit, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Dr. Sunil Dhungel (Research Member)
- Sunil Dhungel is an Associate Professor of clinical physiology and Secretary General of Institutional Review Committee (IRC) at Nepalese Army Institute of Health Sciences in Kathmandu Nepal.
- Competed doctorate degree from Nippon Medical School, Japan.
- He is the president of the Neuroscience Society of Nepal. and Council Member of IBRO.
- He is also the vice presidents of the South Asian Association of Physiologist (SAAP) and Adjunct Professor of Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India. He is a certified Instructor of Physiology of US government Credibility assessment training program.
- Dhungel possesses more than a decade of research experience along with teaching and training of medical students.
- He has been honored by “Nepal Bidhya Bhusan “K” in 2014 by Honorable President of Nepal.
- He has published more than 15 peer-reviewed papers in leading scientific journals including, Neuroscience, Hormone, and Behavior.
- He is also credited with more than 30 presentations in the different international forum in Japan, USA, China, Italy, France, and Germany.
Mr. Sandeep Thapa (Research Officer)
Mr. Thapa had received a master degree in Biochemistry from Bangalore, India (2010).
In addition, he got an opportunity to be accomplished professional training from Human Genetic Unit, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
In past few years, Mr. Thapa had published several scientific papers and awarded from different association and society such as International Brain Research Organization (IBRO), American Society of Microbiology (ASM), Association of Molecular Pathology (AMP, USA), Korean Society of Endocrinology and Society for applied microbiology (Sfam, UK) to present his research works in the United States of America, UK, Germany, South Korea, and India.
Moreover, he is also awarded “TWAS Scientific Meetings grant” to conduct an event entitled “Envision: Life Sciences and Medicines- II” in 2016.
Furthermore, he is a research grantee of NHRC, Nepal and UGC, Nepal.
Mr. Govardhan Joshi (Research Assistant)
Mr. Joshi received a Master degree in Medical Microbiology from Tribhuvan University and a bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Technology with more than ten years of clinical laboratory practice. He is a passionate microbiologist with a zeal of research in infectious diseases.
Mr. Santosh Khanal (Research Assistant)
Mr. Khanal received master in biotechnology from Tribhuvan University and a bachelor in medical laboratory technology with exposure in the clinical laboratory. He is an intense and passionate learner.
Melina Joshi (Research Assistant)
Ms. Melina Joshi is a passionate go-getter and has completed her B.Sc in Medical Microbiology from Nobel College, Pokhara University. Her research focus includes infectious diseases and microbial genetics. She is currently pursuing her master degree in Infectious diseases through Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.